Before submitting an abstract, please read the detailed description of the topics of the call for papers by downloading this file: Topics of the call for papers.
Proposals falling outside the scope of these topics will not be considered.
Back to the form for the submission of an abstract: Form
XVIth World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress
“Adapting to a changing world”
The World Road Association (PIARC) is a non-profit, non-political association founded in 1909 to promote international cooperation in the field of roads and road transport. As of 2020, PIARC has 124 member governments.
The World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress is a world-class event that builds on PIARC's decades of experience. It brings together road experts and practitioners from around the world. This will be the 16th edition of the International Winter Road Congress, which PIARC has organised every four years since 1969.
The 2022 Congress will be structured around two themes: winter service and resilience.
The official languages of the Congress are English, French and Spanish.
The XVIth World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress will be held in Calgary (Canada) from 8 to 11 February 2022. It will include approximatly 50 sessions, a large exhibition, technical tours and a social programme.
For more information, you are invited to visit the Congress website: www.piarc-calgary2022.org.
Call for Papers
For this XVIth edition, PIARC is calling for individual contributions on selected topics in order to enrich and broaden the views and work of its Technical Committees and Task Forces.
Papers will be reviewed by the Technical Committees and Task Forces. Papers that are accepted will be published in the Congress proceedings and will provide input into the Congress sessions. All authors of accepted papers will present their work and results at interactive poster sessions. Some outstanding contributions will be selected for an oral presentation during the Congress.
PIARC Prizes 2022
By submitting a paper in response to the present call for papers you will automatically be entered in the PIARC Prizes competition and be in competition to win one of the prizes. The prize for the best paper in each category will be awarded by an international jury.
Information for Authors
- Content: All papers must be original and authorized for publication. Proposals that have already been published will not be accepted.
- Any reference of a political, commercial or advertising nature is excluded from the papers, as is the indication of a trademark in the title or summary.
- Language: Abstracts may be submitted in English (mandatory), French and Spanish.
- Submission: Abstracts must be submitted online exclusively on the https://abstracts-calgary2022.piarc.org website.
- Length: The abstract should not exceed 400 words.
- November 30, 2020: Deadline for submission of abstracts
- March 15, 2021: Notification of accepted abstracts
- July 15, 2021: Deadline for submission of full papers
- October 1, 2021: Notification of accepted full papers
- 8-11 February 2022: XVIth World Winter Service and Road Resilience Congress (Calgary 2022)
Contact for the call for papers